Welcoming baby gently into the world, providing him with a comforting, reassuring, well-defined space which reminds him of his mother's womb, the Cocoonababy helps the Newborn to adapt as best as to possible life following birth. The semi-foetal, slightly curved position which baby adopts in the cocoon, soothes him, reassures him and helps to limit the onset of the principal troubles which may bother him during his first months.
The Cocoonababy is an ergonomic cocoon which repositions the child in the semi foetal position he adopted in his mummy’s tummy. The semi-foetal position du Cocoonababy helps limit concerns occurring during the first months.
- Improve the quality and the length of the child’s sleep.
- Reduce the involuntary jerky movements which wake baby with a start and make him cry (startle or Moro reflex).
- Limit gastric reflux (thanks to the slope of the Cocoonababy).
- Limit the risk of flat head syndrome (plagiocephaly).
The Cocoonababy nest includes the Tummy Band reassures and soothes baby by applying a light pressure on his tummy, without hindering his freedom of movement.
From 2.8kgs and until the child starts trying to roll over or change position in the nest (around 3 - 4 months old). For use in a cot or crib with sides at least 20cms higher than the top of the Cocoonababy®.
The Cocoonababy® is an ergonomic cocoon which accompanies the newborn during the first months. It makes the transition between the mummy’s tummy and the outside world a gentle one. In it, baby regains movement close to that in the womb.
- Ease of use: Stitching around the neckline of the fitted sheet indicates where to position your baby’s head.
- Serenity: The tummy band retains baby in place
- Adjustable: The adjustable, removable wedge (placed below the fitted sheet) adapts the Cocoonababy® to baby’s size and provides him with support in the curved posture.
- Durability: High resilience foam which has the capacity to resume its initial shape. Guarantee of the foams’ longevity and quality.
Hygienic: The washable, water repellent full protective cover ensures perfect hygiene.
- For 0-3 months
- Made in France
BENEFITS OF THE COCOONABABY®:
- Improves the quality and length of baby’s sleep and that of parents. Reduces waking with a start thanks to baby’s gently curved posture and the containing, cocoon shape.
- Limits GERD and eases intestinal transit thanks to the 20° slope and the flexion of baby’s hips.
- Encourages the child’s balanced development by facilitating motor responses within his means during moments of calm wakefulness. Harmonized perception of his hands and of his proprioceptive entries.
- Helps reduce the risk of plagiocephaly and becomes a therapeutic care tool in case of preferential attitude.
CORRECT USE OF THE COCOONABABY®:
- For use from birth (from 2.8 kgs/6 lb 3 oz) and until the child starts trying to roll over (3 months).
- During periods of sleep a baby should lie on his back (as recommended by experts with regards to SIDS).
- Use in a cot on a firm cot mattress with the base in the lowest position and the depth, from the cot mattress up, over 50 cm, or on the floor on a carpet, or as a baby bed when travelling.
- Do not use in a Moses basket, a rocking cradle, or in a stroller carrycot.
When baby is awake, take him out of the Cocoonababy® and play with him ona playmat, carry him in your arms or in a baby wrap carrier.
- During the day under parental supervision, it is important to vary baby’s points of contact in «off-centre dorsal» positions